1 Live, Love, Yoga: Just Keep Swimming...

Friday, July 13, 2012

Just Keep Swimming...

OMG I"m sore! Yesterday, Max and I went swimming when I was at his house in Palm Desert. We had a great time, as we always do when we're together (he's going to visit his sister in Seattle so I won't be seeing him for about a week :( ). I swam 30 laps which is 1500 meters. For someone who hasn't swam in a while (I am a total wimp when it comes to cold so basically I swim when its over 90 degrees outside...) that is quite a lot! And I'm definitely feeling it today...though that may also be because I took a yoga sculpt class last night. I've been trying to take as many sculpt classes as possible to prepare for my class tomorrow. It's been fun to see what different teachers do. I like that it gives you room for a little creativity in the postures and the music.


I started today off with a Vinyasa Bootcamp class at 5:30am. Now I'm preparing for tomorrow's sculpt. I have put together a pretty awesome playlist on Spotify and I'm so pumped for tomorrow.

After I teach tomorrow, I'm doing a sculpt workshop so basically I'm going to be super tired tomorrow night and just going to want to relax and relax!

On Wednesday when I was at jury duty (ugh...), I was super bored and restless so I decided that I might want to do a mini triathlon. I Googled some in the San Diego area and found a few that are like 400m swim, 15k bike and 5k run. Totally doable! There's one on September 30 that I think I'm going to do. I know I can do the 5k run without much training (which is good because I hate running more than like 1-2 days per week). The only part I'd really need to practice a lot would be the swimming, but even that wouldn't be too bad. I think it would be a good way to crosstrain but also still give me plenty of time to do yoga. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment