1 Live, Love, Yoga: Vacation Yoga

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vacation Yoga

Whenever I go on vacation, the first thing I do is locate opportunities to do yoga. Dallas has a lot of those opportunities! Some of my family members have memberships at Lifetime Fitness which is a GORGEOUS fitness facility. They have a ton of top quality workout equipment, fitness classes, a real yoga studio (not like most gyms which have yoga classes in the same studio as other fitness classes this is like a real studio in the gym), pools, a rock wall, and sport courts. Max and I spent about 2 hours working out there yesterday. I probably could have spent all day because it was so entertaining. I was like "ooohh cool treadmill! I'm going to run!" so I did about 45 minutes on the treadmill (30 running, 15 walking hills). Then I was like "awesome free weight lifting area with jumpropes and stability balls and other fun equipment!" so I did some circuits. And there was so much more I wanted to try!

This morning, I went to a hot vinyasa class at Lifetime. I was a little skeptical beforehand because usually gym yoga is not as challenging as I would like. However, this class was pretty much just like a normal studio class which was fun. Later, I'm planning on going to a class at Sunstone Yoga. Sunstone is the studio that I usually go to in Dallas. It has some good classes and a variety of styles (Bikram, vinyasa, etc.). I like being able to do different styles in the same studio.

Max and I went to visit SMU today. He's thinking about going to law school there and we wanted to check it out since we're in town. We both loved it! The campus is gorgeous and the area is really nice too. I would visit all the time if he went there!

So far, this trip has been really fun. I love having Max here with me and I love seeing my family who I don't get to see often.

No comments:

Post a Comment