1 Live, Love, Yoga: Not Quite the Vacation I Envisioned...

Monday, June 25, 2012

Not Quite the Vacation I Envisioned...

I was hoping that this week in Dallas would be a great one for Max and I. However, due to a nasty flu virus, it was a lot less enjoyable than I had hoped. We both have been very sick which limited our participation in the wedding festivities and the intense yoga practice schedule I had planned for myself. I also feel bad because Max has been less than impressed, since we've spent most of our time in the house. Understandably, he's a bit anxious to be home.

However, there have been a few high points of the trip. We visited SMU and both absolutely loved it. He's hoping to be accepted there for law school and I would be very excited if he gets in! The campus and the surrounding area is gorgeous. I was also able to see one of my best friends from my elementary school days in Mobile, Alabama who I hadn't seen in about 2 years. She's doing a summer internship here in Dallas and the timing worked out perfectly. We met for lunch yesterday and it was great to catch up! Today, Max and I, both feeling a bit better, went to the 6th Floor Museum (the memorial and museum of the JFK assassination). Max is very into history so this was so his thing. It was great to see him excited and having a good time!

I had to take a whole day off of yoga (I know, shocking!) when I was sick and barely practiced for two days after that because I felt surprisingly weak. I hate feeling like this...it's so frustrating! Today, though, I was back at it full force! I went to Lifetime and did 35 minutes of elliptical followed by 30 minutes of strength training on a BOSU. Then I took a 75 minute core yoga class which was super challenging. I got a little frustrated though because the towel I had wasn't big enough for the mat and I kept slipping :( But, overall, it was a good day. I also will probably do a YogaGlo video tonight. I'm doing the 15 day free trial and I love it! Of all the video sites I've tried, this is the best since the videos are actually challenging!

Tomorrow is our last day here. We leave in the evening. I'm not really sure what we will be doing before we leave. I'll probably try to get in one last workout at Lifetime. Hopefully Max will be feeling much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment