1 Live, Love, Yoga: Good Start To The Week

Monday, August 13, 2012

Good Start To The Week

This weekend, I had some well - deserved relaxation time with Max. I drove to his apartment Friday night after I was done babysitting. Saturday, I worked from 8-4 at my dad's basketball camp. I work at the snack bar. It's not a difficult job except the food we sell (movie theater style popcorn, candy, soda, etc.) makes me cringe every time someone buys something! :p It takes all my will power not to lecture people about what they're eating.

After I finished work, I taught at Bird Rock. Max came to my class! He is my most favorite student <3 Seriously, though, he is getting so much better! It makes me really happy that he comes out and supports me as much as he can. There were 5 people in the class (a donation based vinyasa flow) and I think it went well, aside from the fact that the docking station wasn't working so we had no music. I did a somewhat more difficult flow than usual and it was very fun.

Once we finished yoga, Max and I headed to grab some food to take back to the apartment. We ended up having a picnic dinner on the living room floor (since he and his roommates haven't officially moved in yet, there is no furniture...or shower curtain...or towels...haha). I had a veggie sushi roll with avocado, cucumber, carrots, sprouts and spinach wrapped in seaweed, some edamame and steamed veggies. He had steamed veggies and a chicken burrito. For dessert we had some Crunchy Nut cereal (cereal is my weakness...). After dinner, we just hung out and read some books then went to bed early...we were both super tired!

Sunday, we woke up around 8 and went to get breakfast (Starbucks for me, Mexican food for him). We sat at Starbucks for a while and chatted and looked hipster with our Apple products (my MacBook and his iPad). Then we went off to Target to buy some tennis balls then hit the courts! We played two sets...I won the first one 6-3, he won the second 6-4. We were both kind of off on our game which was disappointing, but it was still fun.

He left to go back home soon after tennis :( And I headed home too with a quick pit stop at Forever 21 haha. Later, I did Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown levels 1 and 2 followed by a great swim. I swam 40 laps which is 2000m. It took me about 45 minutes and was an awesome workout.

This morning, I woke up and took hot yoga barre at 5:30am. It was really tough today! I think it was hotter than usual and I was a little dehydrated. I came home, had a yummy oatmeal breakfast then went back to the studio...to do two more classes (vinyasa bootcamp and Ignite 1)...and unexpectedly teach Gentle Yoga! I was so tired after taking 3 tough classes but really excited to teach. There were only 3 students in the class but it was fun and they liked what I did a lot.

This afternoon I did some things around the house then went to play some tennis with my mom. We had a good time though she won 6-2. My mom is pretty good at tennis...she played during college and has a good serve. I definitely did better than I did yesterday though.

More yoga in store for tomorrow! It's so nice not to be nannying this week!

How was your weekend? 

What are your favorite activities to do with family and friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment