1 Live, Love, Yoga: Fitness Survey and Exciting News!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fitness Survey and Exciting News!

Here's a fun fitness survey I got from Tina at carrotsncake! I thought it would be fun to do because I've never done one...so here goes!

Five Fitness Things You Can't Live Without

1. my yoga mat...it's always always with me! plus towels and cute yoga outfits!
2. water bottle...same as above I literally sleep with it 0_o
3. access to yoga classes I go crazy if I miss a day!
4. tennis racket/shoes/clothes
5. swimsuit and goggles for swimming

Most Embarassing Song I Work Out To

hmm...idk for this one...I just know that I sometimes sing along with the songs which is embarassing since singing is NOT one of my talents

Favorite Pre-Workout Snack/Meal

I usually work out mid morning so I'll eat a bowl of oatmeal with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and some fresh fruit. 

On My Fitness Bucket List

do a sprint triathlon
become a certified personal trainer
do more yoga trainings
start my own fitness apparel/accessories line

Must Have Tech Tools

iPhone for music
Spotify for when I teach yoga classes

Top Exercise Gear

any cute yet affordable workout clothes (I'm a college student...I have a budget!)
5 - 10 pound free weights
Nike running shoes...I really want a new pair in teal!


Motivational Mantras

"sweat like a pig to look like a fox"
"it's not a competition, it's freakin' yoga!"
"it's yoga PRACTICE, not yoga perfect"
"the only workout you'll regret is the one you didn't do"

Favorite Cardio Exercise

HIIT for sure! Moving from one exercise to another keeps it interesting and torches calories at the same time. Plus, I just find it so much fun, especially in a group class setting.
I also enjoy swimming and playing tennis for cardio though. Both are great workouts where I am able to have fun while exercising. 

Favorite Strength Training Moves

Yoga Sculpt! I love the combination of weights with traditional yoga poses. Yoga is already a great way to strength train but it gets even more effective with the addition of weights.

The End :)

Soooo... for my exciting news...I will be officially teaching Hot Yoga Sculpt at Ignite Yoga Fusion on Wednesdays at 5:30am! So ready to start the day off with a great workout with all my early morning yogis!

No comments:

Post a Comment