1 Live, Love, Yoga: Weekend Recap (a little late...but still...)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Weekend Recap (a little late...but still...)

This was one of the best weekends I have had in a while, but I've been back to busy since yesterday, which is why I haven't been able to write a post. I had the whole weekend off from any job which was really nice. I drove out to Palm Desert to see Max Friday evening after I finished nannying. Luckily, there wasn't much traffic and I was there by 7:15 or so. I was so exhausted that when I got there, we just relaxed and watched the Olympics. Last week was such a long week - 5 full days of nannying plus teaching 5 yoga classes (2 of them unplanned!) and waking up at 5 every morning - so I was ready for some relaxation.

For me though, I have to have some active relaxation. I am so not the person who can sit in front of the TV all day even if I'm super tired. So, after a good night's sleep, Max and I headed out to play tennis on Saturday morning. We had been thinking about going to a waterpark but decided against it since they only had like 4 fun slides :p So, we decided to go play tennis and swim instead. Palm Desert has a really nice community park with pools and tennis courts, so we always go there.

We had intended to just play a little tennis, but, we ended up getting REALLY into it and playing 3 full sets. Which took 2.5 hours. In the 100 degree heat. He won the first set 6-4, I won the second set 6-1 and he won the third set in a tie breaker 7 points to 2. It was a really close match! We're really compatible tennis players (not meaning that we're great at all but just well-matched) so the games are always fun and competitive. Our games take a long time because we ALWAYS get to deuce and usually have to do at least one tie breaker.

After tennis, we were so exhausted that we decided to put swimming off until Sunday. We went back to Max's house, showered and went to lunch with his mom and little sister. Then, we went home and relaxed (I actually took a little nap!) and watched more of the Olympics of course! I really am going to be sad when they're over!

Sunday, we woke up early and went to play more tennis and swim. We were thinking of just playing one set, but once we finished that one, we just had to play another. I won the both! The first was 6-3 the second I won in a tie breaker 7 points to 3. Then, we went to the pool and I swam this workout:
Pyramid
100 freestyle, 150 freestyle, 200 freestyle, 200 breaststroke, 150 breaststroke, 100 breaststroke
finish with a cool down of 50 freestyle/50 breaststroke x3 
a total of 24 laps which is 1200 meters

It was a great workout and I felt good (but tired!) by the end. I have really started to enjoy swimming. I can swim for a long time though I am still really slow but I can work at that!

We went home, showered and had a quick lunch, then it was time for me to head back to San Diego. It's always sad to say good bye to Max, but he's coming back this weekend so that will be fun. I have to work all day Saturday, but I'm planning a special date to a drive in movie with a picnic at night!

Anyhow, I drove home and met some of my friends from high school at the beach. Sadly, the beach was super cold and foggy so I literally walked down to meet them and then left. It was such a big changed in weather - from 105 when I left the desert to like 70 at the beach! We decided to go get food instead and we ended up going to Chili's (not my top choice but oh well you can get a good salad almost anywhere). It was really fun to hang out with friends I hadn't seen in a while. We had a really good time and lots of laughs.

After that, I had a conference call with all the teachers at Ignite. We just went over some studio events and plans. I was officially welcomed as a real teacher!

Yesterday, I woke up early and did yoga barre, then vinyasa bootcamp and then vinyasa. 3 classes before 10:30am! It was fun but tiring. I didn't have to nanny until 1 because the girls have dance camp this week from 10-12:30. Great for me!

I can't believe that summer is almost over...I go back to school on August 28. This is so weird because I feel like I haven't been in school for a really long time...I almost forgot about it :p Oh well. This summer has been pretty great though busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment